Shift4 Is Integrating to the Oracle Payment Interface
Shift4 to Provide Secure, EMV-Certified Payment Gateway Support for Merchants in the Food and Beverage, Retail, and Hospitality Industries via Oracle-Validated Integration
LAS VEGAS — Nov. 15, 2016 — (PRNewsire) —
Payment gateway provider Shift4 Corporation today announced that they are writing to the Oracle Payment Interface (OPI), providing fast, secure and reliable payment processing to thousands of merchants who use Oracle’s point-of-sale and property management solutions.
As an existing Gold Partner, Shift4 is further enhancing their relationship with Oracle as a member of the Oracle Partner Network.
Beginning early next year, this integration will deliver:
- Payment gateway support for hoteliers, restaurateurs, retailers, and everything in between: Shift4’s DOLLARS ON THE NET integration to the OPI will enable resorts, college campuses, sports venues and more to streamline payments across their enterprise through Oracle’s OPERA, RES 3700, LES 9700, Simphony 1 and Simphony 2 solutions (formerly provided by MICROS Systems, Inc.). Additionally, Shift4 will further their support across Oracle’s entire hospitality portfolio as more products are incorporated into the OPI.
- EMV with layered security: Oracle is poised to provide layered security via Shift4’s comprehensive solution for EMV, including True P2PE and TrueTokenization to keep payment data out of the merchant’s payment processing environment — offering far better protection against breaches and greatly reducing the scope of their PCI DSS assessments.
- Multiple implementation options: Shift4 is EMV certified with eight major processors in the U.S. and Canada — with more certifications on the way — covering more acquirers in North America and the Caribbean than any other payments provider. With over a dozen EMV-capable payment device options by Ingenico Group and Verifone, merchants can easily implement EMV within their current operations and prepare for the future.
- Support for unified and omnicommerce payments: Whether their business is unified within a single software application or uses a blend of Oracle solutions, merchants can centrally process their in-store, online and mobile payments using Shift4’s real-time pre- and post-settlement auditing, accounting and reporting tools — all from a single login to DOLLARS ON THE NET.
- Bank and processor neutrality: Shift4’s complete neutrality provides merchants the freedom to select the bank or processor of their choice, the leverage to negotiate for the best rates, and the ability to make a switch if needed. This allows merchants to bring different revenue centers (using different banks or processors) under one roof.
Stephanie Stowers, SVP and co-founder, Shift4, said:
“Shift4 has long supported thousands of merchants running MICROS Systems solutions. With their acquisition by Oracle last year, we’re excited to be deepening our relationship with the Oracle Partner Network, to continue delivering the world-class services our long-standing merchant customers have come to expect, and to introduce this solution to new markets through the Oracle and DOLLARS ON THE NET integration for years to come.”
J.D. Oder II, CTO and co-founder, Shift4, said:
“Shift4 is committed to helping merchants optimize their business processes by providing the industry’s most advanced payment security, 100% bank and processor neutrality, and an unwavering commitment to merchant advocacy. For merchants working in this complex hospitality space — which bridges food and beverage, retail, and lodging together — our joint solution with Oracle provides it all.”
Shift4 prides itself on only announcing the general availability of their solutions after they’ve been tested and vetted so merchants can experience a smooth implementation and the efficient, compliant and secure payment processing that they’ve come to expect from Shift4. Oracle clients interested in taking advantage of Shift4’s integrated payment gateway solution and its host of features as soon as it becomes available can contact Shift4 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.265.5795.
About Shift4 Corporation
Shift4 stands alone as the last major player in the payments space to remain independent, self funded, and merchant focused. Our DOLLARS ON THE NET® payment gateway comes with all the bells and whistles: pre- and post-settlement auditing, fraud controls, support for new technologies like EMV and mobile, secure connections to nearly every major bank and processor in North America, and 350+ certified integrations to leading POS, PMS, and e-commerce platforms. Shift4 invests heavily in payment security — we invented tokenization and own nine payment-security patents. We empower our 33,000+ merchant customers with the flexibility to customize our secure payment processing solutions to fit their business. Learn more at www.shift4.com.
Jessica M. Pasko
Nadel Phelan, Inc.