October 11, 2015
Shift4 Enables U.S. EMV Capability for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs)
Instant Connectivity to Numerous Processors Saves ISVs Significant Time and Money for EMV Certifications
LAS VEGAS – Sept. 15, 2015 – (PRNewswire) –
Shift4 Corporation announced today it is delivering EMV functionality to Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and connecting them to numerous U.S. processors. EMV capability for ISVs through Shift4 comes in advance of the October U.S. EMV liability shift, and saves ISVs significant time and money in pursuing their own direct certifications with processors.
With Shift4’s Universal Transaction Gateway® (UTG®) performing the work as the payment system of record in the EMV certification process, ISVs can save thousands of dollars and several months of work on their own direct certifications, even if they have already started a direct interface.
Benefits of EMV certification through Shift4 for ISVs include:
- Time and cost savings: With a simple certification from Shift4, ISVs will receive EMV capability with major processors, including: American Express, Chase Paymentech, Elavon, First Data, Global Payments, Heartland Payment Systems, TSYS, and Vantiv.
- Security against malware: ISVs integrating to Shift4 will not hold payment card data in their systems, helping to alleviate or even eliminate their exposure to remote-access malware attacks.
- Bank and processor neutrality: Shift4’s bank and processor neutrality allows integration partners to access to a wider spectrum of potential merchant customers by connecting them with all major U.S. processors, who are aligned with Shift4’s EMV strategy.
- EMV expertise: As seasoned experts in developing enterprise payment solutions, Shift4’s proprietary technology, UTG, enabled them to simplify the certification process for ISVs during Canada’s migration to EMV in 2010. Today, Shift4 processes EMV payments in Canada with Global Payments and Moneris Solutions and is positioned to similarly simplify the process in the U.S.
- Device flexibility: Shift4’s certification for EMV supports both chip-and-PIN and chip-and-signature verification methods and gives ISVs the ability to work with nine EMV-capable payment devices, including the iPP320, iPP350, iSC Touch 250, iSC Touch 480, iCMP, iSMP, and iWL250 by Ingenico, and the MX 915 and MX 925 by Verifone. All of these devices will be code-ready to support point-to-point encryption (P2PE) to secure transactions. Support for additional devices may be added in the future.
Dave Oder, CEO, Shift4, said: “Shift4 is proud to leverage our innovative technology and unique bank and processor independence to make the time-consuming and expensive EMV certification process simpler for everyone involved. ISVs can get ready for EMV faster and work with a wider range of customers by integrating with us for EMV.”
To learn more about Shift4’s EMV strategy, please visit www.shift4.com/EMV. For ISVs interested in certifying with Shift4 for EMV, simply click on the ISVs icon at the top of the page and fill out the “Get EMV Ready!” form to get the process started.
About Shift4 Corporation
Shift4 Corporation makes it simple for merchants across all industries to securely process credit, debit, and gift card transactions. With connections to nearly every bank and processor in North America and integrations to hundreds of PMS and POS systems, Shift4’s DOLLARS ON THE NET® is the world’s largest independent payment gateway. Shift4 provides pre- and post-settlement auditing capabilities, fraud prevention tools, support for emerging technologies like EMV and mobile payments, and security solutions such as TrueTokenization® and True P2PE™, which drastically simplify PCI compliance. Shift4 is a proud merchant advocate, maintaining complete bank and processor neutrality to ensure that their customers have the freedom to switch banks and processors as needed. For more information, visit www.shift4.com.
702.597.2480, ext. 43300
Jessica M. Pasko
Nadel Phelan, Inc.