Shift4 Enables Merchants to Process EMV Chip Cards Through Global Payments
Payment Gateway Provider’s Latest Certification for U.S. EMV Provides Merchants in Any Industry EMV Payment Processing Along With Layered Security and Flexibility
LAS VEGAS — Nov. 1, 2016 — (PRNewswire) —
Shift4 Corporation, provider of the world’s largest independent payment gateway, announced today it has certified for U.S. EMV with Global Payments. This certification enables merchants using Shift4’s DOLLARS ON THE NET payment gateway to process chip-embedded credit and debit card payments through Global Payments with layered security as well as flexible payment processing options not available from competing payment service providers. To learn more about Shift4’s EMV offering, please visit www.shift4.com/EMV.
Benefits of processing EMV payments with Shift4 include:
- Layered security: Many companies have operated under the misconception that EMV chip cards will protect merchants from payment data breaches. This is not true. While more secure than their magnetic-stripe predecessors, EMV remains vulnerable to data theft unless additional security measures are in place. Shift4 layers the card-based security of EMV chip cards with the advanced security of their True P2PE and TrueTokenization technologies to assure that sensitive payment card data doesn’t enter the merchant’s payment processing environment. This offers merchants far better protection against data breaches and significantly reduces the scope of their PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) assessments.
- EMV expertise: Shift4 has been processing EMV payments in Canada since 2010 and was instrumental in addressing the challenges of EMV implementation and simplifying the EMV migration. Shift4’s EMV expertise and innovative payment technologies are being leveraged again to ensure that each U.S. EMV implementation offers merchants the simplified payment processing, layered security, and advanced systems integrations they need to optimize their daily business operations.
- Numerous systems integrations: With more than 350 systems integrations, Shift4 is able to seamlessly extend their EMV certification with Global Payments to enable EMV payment processing through a wide variety of point-of-sale and property management systems. This gives the 33,000+ merchants using DOLLARS ON THE NET the ability to adopt EMV quickly and easily.
- Numerous systems integrations: Shift4’s U.S. EMV certification with Global Payments supports both chip-and-PIN and chip-and-signature verification methods and offers the ability to use a number of EMV-capable payment devices using USB, serial, Ethernet, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connectivity. Shift4 currently supports Ingenico Group’s iPP320, iPP350, iSC Touch 250, iSC Touch 480, iCMP, iSMP4 Companion, iSMP Companion, iWL 252 and iWL 258, and Verifone’s MX 915 and MX 925. All of these devices support True P2PE and offer NFC/contactless capability to enable mobile wallet acceptance, including Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay and more. Support for additional devices may be added in the future.
- Bank and processor neutrality: Shift4’s complete bank and processor neutrality allows merchants to connect with any of the major U.S. processors as they certify Shift4 for U.S. EMV. This offers merchants the freedom to negotiate the best payment processing rates, centrally manage payments across a variety of banks and processors, and make a switch if needed without losing access to transaction data.
Stephanie Stowers, SVP and co-founder, Shift4, said:
“We’re proud to announce Shift4’s latest certification for U.S. EMV in a series of certifications with all of the major processors. As a payment gateway provider, we are committed to offering the strongest security to our merchant customers as well as choice in their payment processing. We completed this certification to allow merchants to quickly adopt EMV while having the freedom to work with a number of banks and processors, use a variety of payment devices, and benefit from a range of system providers.”
J.D. Oder II, CTO and co-founder, Shift4, said:
“Ensuring consumers receive the highest level of security when they pay for goods and services is of paramount importance to our merchant customers, so we are thrilled to be offering True P2PE and TrueTokenization with every implementation of U.S. EMV. Shift4’s certification for U.S. EMV with Global Payments assures merchants protect every transaction with the layered security they need while taking the vulnerabilities associated with handling sensitive card data out of the equation.”
For merchants interested in learning more about how to process EMV payments with Shift4, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Shift4 Corporation
Shift4 stands alone as the last major player in the payments space to remain independent, self funded, and merchant focused. Our DOLLARS ON THE NET® payment gateway comes with all the bells and whistles: pre- and post-settlement auditing, fraud controls, support for new technologies like EMV and mobile, secure connections to nearly every major bank and processor in North America, and 350+ certified integrations to leading POS, PMS, and e-commerce platforms. Shift4 invests heavily in payment security — we invented tokenization and own eight payment-security patents. We empower our 33,000+ merchant customers with the flexibility to customize our secure payment processing solutions to fit their business. Learn more at www.shift4.com.
Jessica M. Pasko
Nadel Phelan, Inc.