September 2, 2010
Shift4 Corporation Bucks Market Trends, Announces Continued Growth and Profitability
LAS VEGAS (Marketwire) Thursday, September 2, 2010 – In stark contrast to local and national trends, Shift4 Corporation, a leading developer of secure payment processing solutions, announces several new strategic hires, job openings, and infrastructure changes, which will allow for 500 percent business growth.
“As a self-funded, privately owned corporation, we have had the stability and profitability to be able to expand our business for 16 years with high quality products and services,” said Dave Oder, Shift4’s President and CEO.
Shift4 is bucking the current market trends by not binding to any single bank or processor and not receiving any outside capital.
“We are proud of the fact that we are resolutely independent, which has put us in the position to weather this economic downturn and to sustain growth ? both now and well into the future,” Oder said.
This independence allows Shift4 to provide their customers with objective advice and empower them to make informed decisions in the complex world of payment processing.
Shift4 attributes their continued growth to the fact that their solutions are flexible and easily adapt to changing market conditions and requirements. Already the largest independent card-present gateway in the nation, evidence of Shift4’s growth is threefold:
- Adding to its nearly 120-employee team, Shift4 announces new hires/promotions:
- Gianna Vivo, new Director of Marketing
- Bob Arsenault, new Manager of Business Development, Hospitality
- Bruce Hildreth, new Director of Development
- Mark Dunaisky, new IT Project Manager
- Bob Lowe, promotion to Director of Strategic Relationships
- Daniel Montellano, promotion to Director of Strategic Business
- Having experienced record transaction volume in recent months, Shift4 is also preparing for continued increases in business with more than a dozen job openings in Customer Service, Development, Marketing, and other areas.
- The new hires parallel a growing infrastructure: A new multi-million dollar Payment-Card-Industry-compliant data center is currently under construction with twice the square footage, three times the rack space, and 12 times the processing power of Shift4’s previous data centers thanks to HP ProLiant Servers. “This new data center expands on Shift4’s long standing promise of fast, reliable, and secure payment processing” says JD Oder, Shift4’s Chief Technology Officer.
Shift4’s fully redundant, replicated Storage-Attached-Network-based data centers assure uninterrupted availability and offer increased bandwidth and unparalleled logical and physical security. Shift4 data centers exceed the standards set by both the Payment Card Industry (PCI) and the card brands.