Shift4 Certifies for U.S. EMV With Elavon
Bank- and Processor-Neutral Payment Gateway Provider Offers Merchants Secure EMV Payment Processing With Unmatched Flexibility
LAS VEGAS — Oct. 18, 2016 — (PRNewswire) —
Shift4 Corporation, provider of the DOLLARS ON THE NET payment gateway, today announced it has certified for U.S. EMV with payments processor Elavon, a subsidiary of U.S. Bancorp. This certification allows merchants in any industry to process chip-embedded credit and debit card payments through Elavon.
To learn about Shift4’s EMV offering, please visit www.shift4.com/EMV.
Benefits of processing EMV payments with Shift4 include:
- Layered security: Shift4 layers the card-based security of EMV with the advanced security of their True P2PE and TrueTokenization technologies to ensure that sensitive payment card data is not stored, processed, or transmitted within the merchant’s payment processing environment. This offers merchants far better protection against data breaches and significantly reduces the scope of their PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) assessments.
- EMV expertise: Shift4 has been processing EMV payments in Canada since 2010 and was instrumental in addressing the challenges of EMV implementation and simplifying the EMV migration. Shift4’s EMV expertise and innovative payments technologies are being leveraged again to ensure that each U.S. EMV implementation offers merchants the simplified payment processing, layered security, and advanced systems integrations they need to optimize their daily business operations.
- Numerous systems integrations: With more than 350 systems integrations, Shift4 is able to seamlessly extend its EMV certification with Elavon to enable EMV payment processing through a wide variety of point-of-sale and property management systems. This gives the 33,000+ merchants using DOLLARS ON THE NET the ability to adopt EMV quickly and easily.
- Device flexibility: Shift4’s U.S. EMV certification with Elavon supports both chip-and-PIN and chip-and-signature verification methods and offers the ability to use a number of EMV-capable payment devices using USB, serial, Ethernet, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi connectivity. Shift4 currently supports Ingenico Group’s iPP320, iPP350, iSC Touch 250, iSC Touch 480, iCMP, iSMP Companion, iWL 252 and iWL 258 and Verifone’s MX 915 and MX 925. All of these devices support True P2PE and offer NFC/contactless capability to enable mobile wallet acceptance, including Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay, and more. Support for additional devices may be added in the future.
- Bank and processor neutrality: Shift4’s complete bank and processor neutrality allows merchants to connect with any of the major U.S. processors as they certify Shift4 for EMV. This offers merchants the freedom to negotiate the best payment processing rates, centrally manage payments across a variety of banks and processors, and make a switch if needed without losing access to transaction data.
J.D. Oder II, CTO and co-founder, Shift4, said:
“EMV presented specific challenges for the U.S. payments industry, including restrictions on implementation and processing, no security for payment data in the merchant environment, and a time-consuming certification process. Shift4 created a solution for EMV that provides merchants with incomparable flexibility in terms of the devices, systems, and processors, while also elevating their data security.”
Stephanie Stowers, SVP and co-founder, Shift4, said:
“Our certification with Elavon marks the eighth processor we’ve certified with for EMV — a number inconceivable to many of our competitors who have made exclusivity agreements at the cost of the merchants. We are proud to offer this level of choice to our customers as a part of our commitment to be their fierce advocate in the ever-changing payments space.”
For merchants interested in learning more about how to process EMV payments with Shift4, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Shift4 Corporation
Shift4 stands alone as the last major player in the payments space to remain independent, self funded, and merchant focused. Our DOLLARS ON THE NET® payment gateway comes with all the bells and whistles: pre- and post-settlement auditing, fraud controls, support for new technologies like EMV and mobile, secure connections to nearly every major bank and processor in North America, and 350+ certified integrations to leading POS, PMS, and e-commerce platforms. Shift4 invests heavily in payment security — we invented tokenization and own eight payment-security patents. We empower our 33,000+ merchant customers with the flexibility to customize our secure payment processing solutions to fit their business. Learn more at www.shift4.com.
Jessica M. Pasko
Nadel Phelan, Inc.