Shift4 Certifies for U.S. EMV With American Expres
Payment Gateway Certification for EMV Allows Merchants to Process Chip-Embedded American Express® Cards With Enhanced Payment Processing Features
LAS VEGAS – March 10, 2016 – (PRNewswire) –
Shift4 Corporation, provider of the world’s largest independent payment gateway, announced today it has completed certification for U.S. EMV with American Express. Merchants using Shift4’s DOLLARS ON THE NET® payment gateway will receive the ability to process chip-embedded American Express® credit card payments with enhanced payment processing features. To learn more about Shift4’s EMV offering, please visit shift4.com/EMV.
Benefits of processing EMV payments with Shift4 include:
- Simplified processing of American Express credit cards: Shift4 has a private, direct connection to American Express, helping merchants to reduce communication fees and receive faster transaction funding. Shift4’s DOLLARS ON THE NET allows merchants to split-process authorization and settlements by payment card type, helping to save time and lower or eliminate third-party fees. Additionally, Shift4 fully supports American Express’ OptBlue® program to simplify the processing requirements of smaller merchants.
- Layered security: Many companies have operated under the misconception that EMV chip cards will protect merchants from payment data breaches. This is not true. However, Shift4 layers the card-based security of EMV chip cards with the advanced security of their True P2PE™ and TrueTokenization® technologies to assure that sensitive payment card data doesn’t enter the merchant’s payment processing environment. This offers merchants far better protection against data breaches and significantly reduces the scope of their PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) assessments.
- Numerous systems integrations: With more than 350 systems integrations, Shift4 is able to seamlessly extend their EMV certification with American Express to a wide variety of point-of-sale and property management systems, giving the 33,000+ merchants using DOLLARS ON THE NET the ability to quickly and easily begin processing American Express chip cards.
- Support for the latest payment devices: Shift4’s certification for U.S. EMV with American Express supports both chip-and-PIN and chip-and-signature verification methods, as well as the latest EMV-capable payment devices by Ingenico Group and Verifone. Supported devices offer a variety of connectivity options as well as NFC/contactless capability to enable mobile wallet acceptance, including Apple Pay®, Android Pay™, Samsung Pay™, and more. Visit Shift4’s device integrations page for more details.
- Support for Canadian EMV: Shift4 is also certified for EMV with American Express in Canada with Ingenico Group’s iPP320 PIN pad device. This means that merchants based in Canada and cross-border merchants can now process and centrally manage U.S. and Canadian EMV credit card payments.
Dave Oder, CEO, Shift4, said:
“Shift4’s certification for U.S. EMV with American Express allows merchants to process chip-embedded American Express EMV cards while ensuring that their payment processing remains simple. Our direct connection to American Express and split-processing capability lowers merchant fees and eliminates headaches. Because we are supporting EMV with every major processor in the country, as well as Global Payments and Moneris Solutions in Canada, we are able to support integrated payments in even the most complex merchant environments. This strategy for EMV is unmatched by any other payment gateway in the industry.”
For merchants interested in learning more about how to process EMV payments with Shift4, please contact email@example.com.
About Shift4 Corporation
Shift4 stands alone as the last major player in the payments space to remain independent, self funded, and merchant focused. Our DOLLARS ON THE NET® payment gateway comes with all the bells and whistles: pre- and post-settlement auditing, fraud controls, support for new technologies like EMV and mobile, secure connections to nearly every major bank and processor in North America, and 350+ certified integrations to leading POS, PMS, and e-commerce platforms. Shift4 invests heavily in payment security – we invented tokenization and own six payment-security patents. We empower our 33,000+ merchant customers with the flexibility to customize our secure payment processing solutions to fit their business. Learn more at shift4.com.
Jessica M. Pasko
Nadel Phelan, Inc.