Shift4 Announces U.S. EMV Certification With TSS
Payment Gateway Provider’s Latest Processor Certification for U.S. EMV Gives Merchants Unrivaled Flexibility, Security
LAS VEGAS – August 17, 2016 – (PRNewswire) –
Shift4 Corporation, provider of the DOLLARS ON THE NET payment gateway, announced today it has completed U.S. EMV certification with payment processor TSYS. Shift4’s certification brings merchants unrivaled flexibility along with the ability to securely process EMV chip cards through their comprehensive payment gateway solution. To learn more about Shift4’s EMV offering, please visit shift4.com/EMV.
Benefits of processing EMV payments with Shift4 include:
- Layered security: Many companies have operated under the misconception that EMV chip cards will protect merchants from payment data breaches. This is not true. While more secure than its magnetic-stripe predecessor, EMV remains vulnerable to data theft unless additional security measures are in place. Shift4 layers the card-based security of EMV chip cards with the advanced security of their True P2PE and TrueTokenization technologies to assure that sensitive payment card data doesn’t enter the merchant’s payment processing environment. This offers merchants far better protection against data breaches and significantly reduces the scope of their PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) assessments.
- EMV expertise: Shift4 has been processing EMV payments in Canada since 2010 and was instrumental in addressing the challenges of EMV implementation and simplifying the U.S. EMV migration. Shift4’s EMV expertise and innovative payment technologies are being leveraged again to assure that each new EMV implementation offers merchants the simplified payment processing, layered security, and advanced systems integrations they need to optimize their daily business operations.
- Numerous systems integrations: With more than 350 systems integrations, Shift4 is able to seamlessly extend their EMV certification with TSYS to enable EMV payment processing through a wide variety of point-of-sale and property management systems. This gives the 33,000+ merchants using DOLLARS ON THE NET the ability to adopt EMV quickly and easily.
- Device flexibility: Shift4’s U.S. EMV certification with TSYS supports both chip-and-PIN and chip-and-signature verification methods and offers the ability to use a number of EMV-capable payment devices using USB, serial, Ethernet, Bluetooth, or WiFi connectivity. Shift4 currently supports Ingenico Group’s iPP320, iPP350, iSC Touch 250, iSC Touch 480, iCMP, iSMP Companion, iWL 250, and iWL 252, as well as Verifone’s MX 915 and MX 925. All of these devices support True P2PE and offer NFC/contactless capability to enable mobile wallet acceptance, including Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay, and more. Support for additional devices may be added in the future.
- Bank and processor neutrality: Shift4’s complete bank and processor neutrality allows merchants to connect with any of the major U.S. processors as they certify Shift4 for U.S. EMV. This offers merchants the freedom to negotiate the best payment processing rates, centrally manage payments across a variety of banks and processors, and make a switch if needed without losing access to transaction data.
John Badovinac, Director of Developer Partnerships for TSYS’ Merchant Services segment, said:
“We are excited for the EMV certification of Shift4 to TSYS platforms. Shift4’s Universal Transaction Gateway is highly valuable in helping our VAR and ISV business partners – as well as our merchants – satisfy EMV market requirements in the United States.”
Shift4 CEO Dave Oder said:
“Shift4 is proud to announce our certification for U.S. EMV with TSYS. Not one of our competitors has come close to providing the number of processor, system, and device options available in our deployment of EMV. As a payments industry leader and a merchant advocate, we are committed to ensuring that our customers can adopt EMV while keeping their business operations running smoothly.”
J.D. Oder II, CTO and SVP of R&D, Shift4, said:
“Our certification for U.S. EMV with TSYS is significant because it allows merchants to secure every EMV transaction with True P2PE and TrueTokenization. This layered approach to payment security protects consumers – and ultimately, the merchant’s brand – from the devastating effects of a data breach because no payment data is ever stored, processed, or transmitted within the merchant’s payment systems or networks. As we say, They Can’t Steal What You Don’t Have.”
For merchants interested in learning more about how to process EMV payments with Shift4, please email email@example.com.
About Shift4 Corporation
Shift4 stands alone as the last major player in the payments space to remain independent, self-funded, and merchant focused. Our DOLLARS ON THE NET® payment gateway comes with all the bells and whistles: pre- and post-settlement auditing, fraud controls, support for new technologies like EMV and mobile, secure connections to nearly every major bank and processor in North America, and 350+ certified integrations to leading POS, PMS, and e-commerce platforms. Shift4 invests heavily in payment security – we invented tokenization and own eight payment-security patents. We empower our 33,000+ merchant customers with the flexibility to customize our secure payment processing solutions to fit their business. Learn more at shift4.com.
Jessica M. Pasko
Nadel Phelan, Inc.