December 1, 2010
The true value of Shift4 is in the details; it’s the nuances that separate us from the competition. Let’s take a look at a few of the features and benefits you enjoy as a Shift4 customer, for just pennies per transaction:
- A secure, reliable gateway between your Point-of-Sale (POS) system, Property Management System (PMS), or Internet-based system and the bank, processor, or merchant services provider of your choice.
- A SaaS-based accounting application that gives you the ability to securely audit, edit, report, settle, archive, and retrieve your credit, debit, and gift card transactions (both pre- and post-auth) from anywhere in the world. This helps you lower your effective discount rate by eliminating inaccurate transactions, preventing downgrades, and helping you avoid unnecessary authorization fees.
- Multiple high-speed (sub-3 second authorizations) connectivity to the bank/processor of your choice with no communication costs.
- Direct processing to American Express to accelerate funding and eliminate fees paid to third-party processors. Some customers find this alone pays for the service.
- Up to 24 months of transaction archives for reporting, retrieval requests, and chargeback defense.
- No-cost, industry-leading cardholder data (CHD) security utilizing Shift4’s 4Go Secure Suite®, which includes TrueTokenizationsm, 4Go®, and i4Gosm to remove the burden of storing, processing, or transmitting CHD and to significantly simplify Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) compliance requirements.
- Designed using multiple industry-standard and vetted encryption protocols, our proprietary Derived Unique Key Per Transaction with Moving Target Encryption (DUKPT with MTE) transport encryption technology is much faster and 200 times more secure than SSL3.
- No-cost, no-hassle system updates for additional processors, interfaces, card association regulations, and enhanced capabilities.
- 24/7/365 world-class customer support provided at no additional cost.
With Shift4, you pay only for the transactions you process. Instead of paying ever-increasing support and maintenance fees, not to mention fixed monthly, annual, and per-seat fees as you would with many of our competitors, Shift4 charges our merchants just a few pennies for each transaction they process. This pay-as-you-go approach allows merchants – regardless of their business size – to take advantage of the capabilities of world-class software and security at an affordable price.